Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another one in college!

Seth applied, was accepted, and will be registering today for college! He is going to the local community college. It is cheaper to get those core stuff out of the way than at a university. IF he graduates with a 4.0, he will get a free ride to the local university as well! I expect him to try his hardest, but I won't get down on him if he doesn't. He plans on going two days a week so he can still work a good schedule and is planning on full time. I am so proud of him and JM both! 

JM and Shelbie are planning a wedding in January 2012. They are trying to find a place to have it and the reception right now. It is so expensive. I keep trying to talk them into something really simple, but you can't tell a girl that I guess. I just don't see the point in spending all that money and going into debt just to say "I do." We had a VERY simple wedding and reception with about 20 people and we are still happily married for over 22 yrs. It is their choice, so whatever. lol 

I didn't decorate much for Christmas this year. I put some lights up around the window, I got the snowman that my step-dad made, I have a wreath up, and my Charlie Brown Christmas tree. 

That is pretty much it. Oh! I have stockings but haven't put them up. Not sure where to do that yet. Just a simple Christmas. As with everyone, finances are tight. I plan on getting each child one gift and then if I have the money, get them another. Just one step at a time. lol I am sure they will be happy with the one gift as they are not greedy and they know it is tough. I got good children. :-)

2 comments:

NLT said...

lol what?! A simple wedding?! jk I'm excited for them! CONGRATS to Seth!!! Hope you guys ahd a nice Christmas! that tree is sad :'( lol but funny! I love Charlie Browns Christmas.

Shelly said...

We ended up decorating more. JM and Seth did it. Put the tree up and lights. We had a nice, quiet Christmas.