Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 11, 2011

The wedding shower

Our church gave JM and Shelbie a wedding shower on Sunday. Terrie did a great job at decorating in a "beachy" type theme. Pastor prayed for JM first, then Mrs. Reese prayed for Shelbie. It was great. We then got our food and separated. The men in one room the ladies in another. The men gave JM advice on how to be a good husband and have a good marriage. My hubby told me that a lot of great advice was given and I am thankful. Of course, they had their fun moments, but they also had serious time. My hubby was encouraged by it all and hopefully JM took it all in. Some of the men provided JM with some manly gifts. One favorite was... 
It is a joke in our church for JM to just say "yes dear" and move on. So someone got him a hat that says "yes dear" lol. We all got a kick out of it.

Shelbie had a the normal type of shower. We played games and gave out prizes. It was a fun time. She had a lot of gumballs in her mouth after she missed some questions about JM though. lol Terrie made them a little difficult though. Poor Shelbie! She got a lot of nice gifts and cute gifts. I was overwhelmed at the love my church family showed them. 

As I was carrying the presents from one area to the other, if finally hit me that my baby was getting married. This was all real and that he will soon be a husband. That was an overwhelming thought to me. I knew it was coming and I knew it was happening but WOW! This was a real eye opener that in 19 days, my JM will be married. He won't be MY JM anymore, but Shelbie's JM. ~sigh~ Being a mom is tough, ya know. 

One final picture to make you smile... 
This is after all the games and the presents were opened. Don't they look cute? lol

No comments: