Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Date For Moving Day

We have known that we were moving but didn't know when. That was a tough one as it is hard to plan life when you don't know what life is going to be. We were told to be ready ASAP basically so we alerted our friends and made some vague plans. Well on Tuesday we got a date. Dh basically got to pick the date so he gave us a tad bit more time. He starts his job on March 9th. He will work until Feb. 27th at this plant, take the following week off, and start March 9th. I am thankful he has the week off to help and get settled. We have a plan in motion for now.

We also gave our 2 week notice to pizzaBOGO yesterday. Let me tell you, that is one pizza I will miss eating! If you haven't tried it yet, you should. Make sure you sign up for their e-mail club so you can get the coupon for Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Anyway... our last day there will be the Feb. 21.

Friday is our last day for co-op. I wanted the boys to continue as long as they could, but John said it would be best to stop this week and put school on hold until we are settled. With school on hold it give me more time to focus on packing. Seth has part of his room taken care of and Joshua started on his room too so we are "working on it". JM is about packed up. He will be leaving early as he is going to see Shelbie and get settled in his own apartment. My baby is moving out! That is even scarier!

I am getting very excited, but at the same time scared as can be. We have no housing lined up yet. Because of that, I have 3 dogs I don't know what to do about. The thought of not taking them with me is KILLING me! I love my dogs. They are such good dogs but if we don't have housing lined up, then I don't know if we can find a place to live with them. If I have to find homes for them, I would rather do it here so I know they will get a good home. This is so hard! Casey has been with us for 11 years! She is the family baby! How do you leave that behind? It is tough that is for sure!

Friday is John's birthday. He will be old... LOL Just kidding. He is turning 44 on Friday. We were going to do a weekend get-a-way but with the move and all, we thought it best to save our money and use it for moving. Moving is very $$$$$!!! We are going to dinner on Friday and maybe do something together on Saturday too but we will be coming home. Then we have to work on Saturday. What fun for Valentine's Day!! ;-) Anyway I have a gift card to Longhorn and another one on the way for Longhorn (curtesy of mypoints.com ... use my new e-mail addy when you sign up;-). With the gift cards it will help out a lot. If I get the other one it will be $35 in gift cards. That is a good chunk. I love Longhorn!

Oh! Something sweet! John called me this morning after he left for work. He said he felt empty or that something was wrong. He asked if he kissed me good-bye and said I Love you? He said if he didn't he was very sorry! Awww! How sweet! I couldn't remember myself and told him I wasn't sure either. He said if we did it was more of a routine thing and that wasn't good. So we said "I love you" over the phone and said we would make up for it after I got home from work. That just put some love in my heart.

Have a good day!

5 comments:

Carri said...

how sweet....i will miss you guys!

Amy Fichtner said...

Wow, Feb 21st is coming fast!! Like you needed me to remind you of that:)

I can't believe Jm is moving out!!! These kids that I have known for so long are becoming adults!! Wow, I kinda still feel like a teenager somedays until I hear somthing like this.

I knwo hoe stressful, time & money comsuming moving so far is, so just know that i will be praying for you and if there is anything I can do, which I know I am limited because of the kids, I would be more than happy to do for you, Let me know!!!

Pam McL said...

Gosh, Shelly...in a weird sort of way it's going to seem strange that you aren't fairly close-by anymore. {sigh} I wish we'd had a chance to meet IRL.
How sweet of your husband to think of you today. Mine calls from work every chance he gets...some weeks that's not very often and I miss it.
Are you planning to keep up the blog after you get settled in?

Rhea said...

What a sweet man you've married! I'm sorry you guys have to work today but sounds like the love is alive and strong in your household.

Good luck with your move!!

I'm part of the SITS Welcome Wagon! I've been a member since last summer, and I've read so many fun blogs and met so many amazing women through SITS. Welcome aboard!

Bramblemoon Farm said...

How sweet:) Welcome to SITS!