Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wow! What a week!

This has been the most emotional two weeks of my life! If I could choose anytime in my life to relive, these two weeks would definitely not be the time. My goodness what a roller coaster it was.

Last week was all the court stuff only to hear they found him not guilty. Then JM left home for good. Plus all the packing... that was all very hard.

This week I had to find homes for my dogs. If you know me, you know I am an animal lover and my dogs are my friends. Are they above my husband and children... no, but they are special to me. On Wednesday, Casey found a new home. That was the worst! I cried when JM left home, but I knew I would see him again soon. But when Casey left, it was for good! Oh that broke my heart. I am sure my emotions were on overdrive anyway, but all I could do was cry! I cried for an hour or so after she left, then cried myself to sleep that night. The next morning the lady called me and told me Casey was fitting right in at home and all was well. That helped a lot. She just sent me pictures of Casey after she groomed her. She will be well taken care of, this I know. Ginger, Seth's dog, went to her new home yesterday afternoon. That broke my heart to see her go too. Especially because I knew it was breaking Seth's heart!!!! Oh I hated taking Ginger from Seth, but we could not take her. She was 80 lbs. and didn't do well in long rides. I heard from the lady that took Ginger and she is doing fine too. They took her to the groomers for a bath and nail trim before they brought her home. She seems to be adjusting fine in her new home. Knowing that they found good homes helped so much! The dog pound was NEVER an option! If worse came to worse, they would have went with us, but we had a few people that would have taken them if no one else would have. Lacy... she is moving to TX with us. We almost got let her go too, but in the end we decided to keep her. After we did, we found this neat apartment and applied for it. I hope we get it because it looks great!

Other than that, it has been packing, packing, packing. Saturday we loaded the truck as much as we could. Today we have to finish packing and load some more. Tomorrow we are on the road! I will try to update when I can. Not sure how easy it will be to get online and such, but I will do my best to let you know we are still alive and what is happening.

Any and all prayers are appreciated for a safe trip and smooth transition! Thanks! See you in TX!

2 comments:

Pam McL said...

I can't wait to hear from you when you get all settled. You must be exhausted! Praying that you have an apartment when you get there and have the energy to unpack. ((((hugs)))) Moving is hard enough...but you've really been through the ringer this past month.

Amy Fichtner said...

You should join twittwr. www.twitter.com you can send and recive updates as text so it doesn't cost anything and you can update us from the road. Check it out. Find me at www.twitter.com/amysblend