Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, April 10, 2009

Chimichungas


Some friends wanted me to post this recipe. I hope others like it too!


Depends on how many you want to make on the amount of stuff you get. I use about 4 lbs of ground beef and make about 25 to 30 of them. So you can use that as a base and go from there. They are hard to explain but very easy to make. I hope you can understand the directions!


You need:

ground beef, cooked and drained
taco seasoning (again, depending on how much meat. I use 3 for about 4 or so lbs. of beef)
refried beans (I use one can for 4 ish lbs.
soft flour tortilla shells (again depends on how much meat)
cheddar cheese
salsa

Cook and drain your ground beef. Add taco seasoning and cook as directed. Add refried beans. Mix well. Line 13x9 casserole pan with salsa. Just enough to cover bottom so it doesn't burn. Take the meat and put about 2 spoonfuls in middle of flour tortilla. Fold tortilla into a square shape with meat in the middle. Fry in skillet with grease, you don't need much grease, just enough to brown one side, flip and brown the other. Put fried chimichunga in the casserole pan. I can fit about 8 chimichungas in one pan. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake until cheese is melted. About 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

I have made just cheese ones before too. Just add the cheese and fry up like normal.

Toppings are your choice... lettuce, tomato, salsa, cheddar cheese, black olives, sour cream... whatever you like on your tacos.

I hope this is easy enough to understand. They are so easy to make but hard to explain.

1 comment:

Carri said...

tasted once, 100% approved! She is awesome at making these. She's awesome at making alot of things.