Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April Fool's Day!

To me, this is just a dumb "holiday". I was never into pranks or jokes much. I guess I get enough with my husband, I don't need other people pulling surprises on me too. LOL

Well, we have lived in TX almost a month. We are settled in or as much as we can be right now. I need to get some things for the house but money is not letting me this month. I hate being this tight with money! It scares me! One little mistake can BAM! One good thing that helps a lot is that I can't go anywhere to spend money. When you don't have a car or don't know where you are going you tend to stay home. Thus, you don't spend money! lol I was able to get out some this weekend and that was good. Actually we all got out some on Saturday and that helps everyone. John is understands being stuck at home all week is hard on us.

We are trying to do some stuff for the boys and stuff they like. Seth is really missing his friends and I see a bit of an attitude out of him. He is calling a friend sometimes but it isnt' the same as seeing them in person. I really hope we can find a homeschool group here and join it next year, especially if they have a co-op. Actually finding a good church would be better, but sometimes that isn't easy. We have visited one church. The preaching is good and the people seem nice, but their music is borderline. We will take it slow and see what happens. It isn't like we are ready to join a church right away. It is such an important decision we want to make sure we get the right one. I did find out that some of the people in the church do homeschool, including the pastor's family. That is always a plus.

School is coming along. I thought we were pretty behind with the move and all, but we aren't. We might still make it by the end of May for quite a few subjects. I have more time to devote to school so that helps out. I am so glad I am not working. I hope that continues.

I also have a lot more time to devote to keeping up with housework. John is gone about 11 hrs a day so I have a lot of time on my hands. It is so much easier when you can keep on top of the housework, which I can now as I am home all the time. Anyway, now that I have a clean house, no one comes to visit. LOL

Joshua's allergies have kicked in. He is sneezing like crazy. I didn't have any meds for him. He usually uses Claritin. Well, John takes this allergy medicine and I gave him one of John's. It was not prescription so don't worry. It was not was Joshua normally takes but he seems to be doing fine with it. He isn't sneezing like crazy so that is good. So far so good with the breathing too. I am glad he seems to have outgrown that!

5 comments:

Allie said...

I hate April 1st too. ARGH.

Oh Shelly how ironic that now you have time to clean, nobody comes over. You know I'm praying you ALL find new friends soon!

Amy Fichtner said...

I know exactly what you are going through!! I could have written a post like this exaclty 2 years ago. We moved to Az, We had one car which Jim took every day,He also workes 6 days a week. I had no friends to go visit or have come over. A night out was getting a starbucks and drving around and looking at all the fancy houses that we would never live in.

We had started a church, which ment that the church was good but there was no one there but MY family.

I guess one thing oyu learn is to rely on each other, because you really have no one else there.

They say, your really not "settled" for about a year so just hold out for that. It's like when you have a baby and you are just holding out, barley living until thier 9-10 weeks old. Then life changes for the better. Well that's what will come after a year. You will be settled and finally maybe ready to call Texas home.

I will keep you in my prayers, Call me if you ever need anything:)

Hollie Hays said...

You sound sad- the tone in this blog is sad. :-( If you ever wanna talk I am here to listen. And please Shelly, don't let the music be your determining factor in finding a church...you sound like you enjoyed the church! I hope that Seth can pull out of this funk, I know that can be had on a teen. :-(

Carri said...

Hey Shelly.
I couldn't imagine unrooting and leaving, but I think if it was what the Lord wanted, I'd do it. I know how important a church is, and We will keep pryaing about that issue. I know God will give you guys comfort and joy in your new place.

Amy Fichtner said...

Hey Shelly,
I guess I just wanted to add that although a lot of the times "Standards" can be questioned and eased up on but "convictions" cannot. Convictions come from the Lord and His Word. SO I guess when you are looking for a church it is important to make sure they carry the same convictions as you do. On the flip side if you find a church thats great and maybe some of the standards arn't as high as yours, I wouldn't make that a deal breaker but in my opionion, music would definitley be a deal breaker. Good Luck and I will be praying for you!!