Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer blues...

It has been very hot, which I totally expected. We have had the air on for almost a month non stop. It gets too hot in the afternoons to turn it off. I guess we will figure out how to deal with the electric bill next month. lol This month's bill was not too bad and we did run the air some.

I have days where I absolutely go stir crazy sitting at home. I can have the car anytime but to be honest, I don't see the point. I don't know where to go and the traffic scares me. I will have to build myself up before I tackle it too much. It is worse than Akron I think. Plus you have to really pay attention because sometimes you can turn left when the straight way is green and sometimes you can only turn on the green arrow! Plus a u-turn here is very common and you have to watch for that too. Ugh! I just don't feel that comfortable with it all yet. If I have a plan of where I am going, that is okay, but if I don't.... forget it. lol If I stay home, I don't waste gas and I don't spend money. I have cable to watch and internet to play on. Of course there is always the pool too.

I need to get busy and figure what I am doing for school next year. I am homeschooling of course, but I need to find out what schedule I will follow and what books I am using. I really don't know what to do with Seth for English. I think I will focus more on writing for him than English. He is about sick of grammar and what goes with it. lol I do have Joshua's science taken care of but that is about it. Oh yes, I have spelling taken care of as well. I do have a Bible curriculum I bought from Terry Hamilton. I will use that as well for both boys. So I have a small start on it. I probably will stick with A Beka for English with Joshua. I have most of the books for that anyway. We shall see I guess. I do have some time but at the same time, I was thinking of starting early and only schooling 3 or 4 days a week. I like using Mondays as cleaning days. It works out well for us.

Also looking for new, cheap, and easy recipes if you have any. Pass them along!

1 comment:

Jenileigh said...

I remember my cousin hating the traffic there too, it took her a while but once she got the hang of it she went everywhere...

:)