Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The car search is on!

JM came very early Monday morning to help us out. He drove up after work and it is about 3 1/2 hour drive. He and I took JB to work Monday morning, then came home and I called a junk yard. I wanted to get that car out of Wal-Mart's parking lot before they towed it. I was not even sure it was still there. I called a place and they said they would pick it up and give me $100 cash too! Wow! I wasn't even expecting money for it. I figured since they were picking it up that would be it. She told me they had a busy day and they would be there between 3 and 4. Not a problem. JM, Seth, and I went to the car, it was still there thankfully. We cleaned it out and then went to a rental car place to get a car for the week. Well, they didn't have any cars. They would after noon. Okay... feeling like I am in the military with the hurry up and wait stuff... that is what I did. We went back about 1:00 and they needed a major credit card since my license is still OH and not TX. Yikes! I don't have a major credit card. JB does have a TX license. So we went and picked him up so we could get a car. After we got the car, JM took JB back to work and then went home. Seth and I then went back to Wal-Mart to meet the junk yard people. About 2:30 I call them to confirm that they are still coming. She then tells me, "I told you 4 or 5" I said no, you said 3 or 4. UGH! Whatever. I go back home again... and wait. We all took showers and get cooled off. Then about 5:30 or so we went back to Wal-Mart AGAIN lol. I waited until 7:00 and they didn't call or show up! Now what do I do!! I had to pick up JB from work so that is what I did. Just after I picked JB up, they call! Perfect timing really! We went back to Wal-Mart for the 4th time that day and waited a few minutes. They came!!! I gave them the title and they gave me $100 cash! Yeah! That was a big relief only because I knew if it was towed away it would have cost us a lot of money!

By this time, we were all starved. None of us had really eaten all day. We stopped at Pizza Hut and got dinner. I was so glad to be home. Not as much as on Saturday though.

While we were waiting to go back to the rental place JM got a phone call from his girlfriend. She had been in a car accident and was upset, which made him upset. It was just an emotional, stressful day for everyone.

The scary part right now is that we do not have a car! We are praying that we can get one Saturday. If not, we are in BIG trouble! We can't afford to rent the car again for another week. Pray we can find and get a loan for one.

The frustrating part about all this is that this was our "get ahead" month. We had a whole extra paycheck this month but not now. UGH! Oh well. I told JB that God just wants us to be poor I guess. LOL If we had money we wouldn't trust Him as much I am sure. Ho hum! lol

2 comments:

Allie said...

Egads what a day - I don't go to Walmart once a month, 4 times in one day? Yikes! Praying hard for a car for you guys!

Christine said...

hey this is christine from HSC and i was looking at your blog and i have no idea how but somehow i flagged it! *terrified* i must have accidently clicked the flag button. but i have no idea how to undo it so now i feel terrible.. even tho it prolly won't end up causing any problems but that was just stupid. i thought i'd say something though just in case you could tell it had been flagged or something...... IT WASN't on PURPOSE. lol.