Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, September 3, 2009

I thought all Baptists could cook.

The church were have been visiting had a potluck after church. We didn't know they were doing it. I am not sure how we missed it but no big deal. They asked us to stay so we did. We got our food. I was shocked! There are quite a few older people and I was surprised that it wasn't as tasty as what I am used to. I thought all Baptists could cook. You know, like it was a requirement. They ask you when you decided to become one "you can cook, right?" lol Plus with the folks being older I thought that was a given too. LOL Can I go to a church that cannot cook? Hmmm..... Of course I am kidding about that last part. The cooking has nothing to do with it. I just thought it was funny and was a little surprised.

We still haven't gotten the couch. Just haven't had a chance to work it out yet. I hope we do soon. I would love to get rid of the one we have. It is very uncomfortable since it was broke.

Hubby and I are doing great. I am so thankful for that. We are both committed to each other and our marriage. That thrills me to no end to hear. I believe him and think the Lord has given me peace about it too.

I am looking forward to a long Labor Day weekend! I hope it is a great one!

2 comments:

Allie said...

So glad to hear about you and hubby - and really, they can't cook? *snort* We're thinking of trying a Baptist church near us.

Shelly said...

Allie, I was shocked about the food because that is what we are "known" for... eating. lol It just surprised me. I guess I will have to stay and teach them. LOL