Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Why did I get a home phone?

What point was it in getting a home phone? I should have known better, really. One of the reasons we got rid of our home phone was because of all the sales calls we would get. How dumb of me to forget so quickly! We had our new home phone put in Thursday, Sept. 10. I have received about 10 phone calls. I am so popular! lol Anyway, out of those 10 calls, 4 of them were sales calls! The first one knew my name and address. He was going to send me 60 months worth of magazines for free. Yeah right! lol I asked him how he got my number as I had just got the phone and haven't given it out but to a few people. He couldn't answer that question. Maybe from my college or because I just bought a house. Ummm... NO! I think the company that I got the phone from, gave it to him. I told him to cancel the magazines, I was not interested, I was not going to pay for them, and I didn't want them. At one point he laughed and said, "Like we would just send you magazines and make you pay for them." Trust me, from past experience, this is exactly what you would do! lol Ugh! I will have to find that do not call list and get on that, but not sure how much it would actually do. I know they are just doing their job and I should be nicer to them. It is just so frustrating because I have just gotten the phone. It is hard to be compassionate sometimes.

Seth and I tried to think of good things to do when they called again. I told him to start singing to them if they called. They didn't call during that time so he didn't get to do it. 

Things are going well for us otherwise. School is going strong and life seems back to normal. It has been cooler the last week as it has rained for the whole week. Today we have sunshine. It is still only to get up to low 80's so I think we can keep the air conditioner off another day. It has been off since at least Monday I think. Give the poor thing a break. LOL
That is about it for now.

3 comments:

Pam McL said...

Hey Shelly! You changed the look of your blog--cute!

We're on the DNC list and it HAS helped, but it doesn't block *all* telemarketers. Some are allowed by law to call (nonprofit organizations, for example) and some just don't care and don't think you'll turn them in. Anyway, here's the link
https://www.donotcall.gov/
It will take a month after you sign up for it to go into effect.

BTW, we had cool, sunshiny days here in Ohio last week. And the leaves are turning early. Today your storm clouds are rolling in. Hoping they've left your area for a while so you, too, can have sunny days. (((hugs)))

Pam McL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

Pam, thanks for the link. I put our home and cell phones on the list. I doubt the people that have been calling here will care though. Ugh!

We had a few days of nice weather, but today it is rainy and cold again. We turned the air off again and opened windows. It feels like fall!