Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Awesome weekend!!!

Okay, usually I hate the word "awesome" I always have but... it was such a great weekend, I will use it. ;-) 

I dropped JB off at work in the morning and then came home and got the boys us. I did some stuff around the house then got ready to run some errands outside the home. Seth needed a haircut (great place near the house does it for $5!) and they needed snacks for the night. Why did they need snacks? Because they went to Planet Wisdom Friday night. Woo Hoo! lol After we picked up the snacks we came home, ate lunch, and made sure they were all packed. I then went into action to get ready for my evening alone with JB. I used our good China, and set the table with candles. It was nice... 

By the time we ate, it was dark and romantic... I am getting ahead of myself though.... 

I fought traffic and dropped the boys off around 4:00 at church. Then fought traffic to pick up JB. He was not done with work so I patiently waited for him. When he was about ready, I ordered our food from Olive Garden (take out). We had a $25 gift card for it so that was nice. We then picked it up and came home. He hopped in the shower while I set up the food and such. He didn't know what I had done yet so when I was all ready, he was really surprised and pleased. Usually when you get take out, you don't get as much as you would if you had eaten there. Or at least that had been our experience, especially with places like Olive Garden. Not the case this time! We had enough food for lunch the next day as well. It was GREAT! The food was soooo goood!!!!! I hope I get a chance to eat that again sometime. I had the four cheese stuffed pansotti with chicken. He had the seafood alfredo. The food was just so yummy! We played some nice quiet music and just talked. We then watched a movie. It was a great night! 
Saturday we just were lazy for most of the day. We did get out and about for a bit and then of course we had to pick up the boys. 

The boys didn't get much sleep of course, but they had a great time. They really enjoyed it and enjoyed the preaching, skits, and fellowship. 

As we were pulling into the parking space after picking them up, Seth got a phone call from a place he applied for. He got an interview set up, which was today (Sunday) at 1:00. We dropped him off at the interview and ran to Target. I was so nervous for him. He sent a text that he was done. Since he didn't say he got the job, I didn't think he did. He was just wanting to surprise us I guess. He got the job! As long as he passes a background check, which won't be a problem, and turn in all his paperwork, he starts March 6. He is so excited!!! We are excited for him. It was a great weekend. 

Now I have to get the bedrooms cleaned out as the carpet cleaners are coming for our free carpet cleaning tomorrow morning! What a great way to start the week, huh? 

So happy the weekend was so great!

No comments: