Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Just gabbing...

We are very excited because we are getting an Aldi! If you don't know what Aldi is, click HERE. If you are used to generic foods then you would probably like it. They have their own brand of things and mostly sell it. Some of their stuff is actually better than name brand and so much cheaper!! I do not care for their spaghetti sauce, but will eat it. My kids won't eat any pickles besides Aldi's. I bought them a huge jar of Vlasik pickles and they would not eat them. They taste bad mom. lol I was shocked. We just think this will help us out with groceries and saving money. Milk, bread, cheese, everything is cheaper there. The one we went to in OH had fresh meat too and it wasn't bad. We never got sick from it or anything and it tasted just fine. We are just so excited that we are getting one. Another plus to it is that hubby's work is making the glass for them! They are building quite a few in the area and his company is doing the glass. Yeah! 

I went grocery shopping today. I am surprised I made it this long without going but am thrilled I could! Hubby gets paid in a week so we only had to buy groceries for one week. That was nice! I got creative with lunch and forgot I had potatoes to make soup so it worked out. We couldn't have made it much longer though. lol Anyway, we went to Wal-Mart because we were right there. Got some good deals and bought mostly their Great Value brand.  We got some goodies as well as what we needed and spent about $110! I was thrilled. I have two growing boys and they like to eat! lol  We then splurged at another store and bought pop. (soda if you live in TX lol) Don't preach that pop isn't good for me, I am well aware, but don't care. ;-) I went about a week and a half without pop and have been drinking sweet tea. We go through the sweet tea! I did't use to like tea but do now. Learned to like it I guess you could say.



I finally ordered Joshua's math book again. I bought one used but I guess it got torn up in the mail and got lost in shipping. The seller told me she was going to give me my money back but hasn't. I have no reason to believe what she is saying isn't true, but that hurt. I lost $12 there, then paid another $20 for another one. I could have bought one brand new! UGH! Oh well. Maybe the lady will come through and give me the $12 back. I am not going to complain because I didn't insure it. Just bums me out. I hope his book comes quickly because now we are "behind" in math for the year. The first few lessons are always review anyway so not too big of a deal. 


Tomorrow we are going to get free burgers from TGIFridays. We signed up to be fans of Woody (their mascot I guess) on Facebook and they sent us a free coupon for a burger. We just have to hope that we can use them all at once. That will be a nice treat for lunch tomorrow.


I am enjoying the cooler weather, though I thought TX was supposed to be hot until like October.... oh wait! It is October! Man! I cannot believe how fast the year has flown by so far! Wow! 


Told ya I was just gabbing. hee hee! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Allie said...

Yay for Aldi's - that's the only place dh shops! That's too bad about the math book, I hope you get your money back. I think we have one more subject to get for John [he's doing one subject at a time, his choice] and then he GRADUATES. Yikes!

Jenileigh said...

We have an Aldi's about 35 minutes from here, Walmart is 5 minutes so we rarely go to Aldi's unless it's a planned trip. I do like their store though and love to buy canned goods like soups and things. I can't believe canned soup at Walmart is up to $1.35 now. I like it under $1. :)

It's cooler here this year too, I just love October, it's my favorite month of the year. October, then November and then December. I just love the end of the year!

So sorry about the book. That is a bummer. I pray the Lord restores you for what was lost.

Hugs sweet one.