Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, December 27, 2008

We had a great Christmas!

This year my two older boys actually bought presents with their own money. I was very proud of them. They were so excited and could not wait for us to open gifts. They didn't want their gift as much as they wanted us to have the gifts they gave us. It was so wonderful to see them have the giving spirit. I loved it.

We were all to work Christmas Eve, but it turned out John did not have to go in at all and I only worked about an hour and a half. Then JM came home shortly after me. We thought about opening Christmas Eve but didn't. We got up Christmas morning and went to Ihop for breakfast. It was pretty good and it was busy! The place was actually full. I was surprised. I wasn't even sure it was open. After breakfast we came home and opened gifts. I let the boys give out their gifts first. We then gave the boys our gifts and to each other.

I was spoiled this year! I got an iphone, a digital picture frame, a game for the Wii, a daily planner/address book/notebook thing, a subscription to the newspaper with a comic umbrella, a dice game called Farkle, and a build-a-bear that plays a Christmas song. And it is all paid for! No credit cards!!! Yeah! lol That just really thrills me to no end!

We went to my sister-in-law's house that evening. All of John's family was there except his dad. We had a nice visit with them. His oldest son from his first marriage came. We were excited to see him. That is another story for another day.

I hope you were all blessed this Christmas! I know I was.

2 comments:

Amy Fichtner said...

Oooooo, An Iphone!!!! You are so lucky. I am glad you all had a good Christmas. I got your card and it was really nice, Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas!!! Glad to hear it! We all over here had a blessed one as well!