Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Make the outing count

I had to have a car today so JB left me one. He took the truck, JM took the cruiser, and I was left the van. I wrote out a list of "to do's" before I left and then headed out the door. With gas prices as they are, you have to make your outings count anymore. I knew today was the only day I would have a car anyway, so I tried to make it count for that reason as well.

The first place I went to was to get some "new used" tires. I went to this place that we had been to before. I didn't want to go, but I knew JB wouldn't have time and it was up to me. I had no idea what size I needed so I was trusting they would be good to me. I told them what I needed and he went on the hunt to find some. They were pretty good tires. They will last for a while. Then I needed 4 lug nuts too or so they said. I knew I needed one for sure, but they talked me into 3 more. They were only $1 each so it wasn't bad. My old tires were awful! There was barely any tread on them. They started looking like NASCAR tires. :-) Sounded like them too at times (squealing).

I then ran to the bank to make a deposit for Scouts. Scout camp is in 1 1/2 weeks. I am not looking forward to being away from JB for the week. I will get to see him during the week if I meet him for lunch. It is hard to be away from him. After 20 yrs. of marriage, you feel like you are missing a part of you when they are away. At least that is how I feel.

After the bank I ran to the library to return a bunch of movies. One movie we watched was an old Ronald Reagan movie called Bedtime for Bonzo. It was pretty cute. One of the good clean movies you know. The monkey was cute. It is amazing they can train them to do all that stuff. He was in little boy clothes riding a tricycle. It was just cute!

I went to McDonald's to get Joshua and I lunch. Yummy! Fattening! lol I love french fries! They are just too yummy. After that I got to come home and chill for a bit. I did have to go out 2 more times today but they were to pick up and drop off kids.

JM got his windshield replaced in his car. Now we have to get his car running. That is another story and will take time to tell. Very frustrating. I will tell it another day. (Amy if you like stories... you love this one lol).

Seth sent me a text today and said he was having fun! I am so glad he is.

Tomorrow I am staying home and going to conquer the kitchen. I did the bathroom Monday and worked in the dining room Tuesday but didn't finish. I was just tired. Today I ran most the day so I didn't get much done. Tomorrow I want to get the kitchen in order and sweep and mop and what not. It needs it!

'Til next time...

2 comments:

NLT said...

mmmm french fries! Now I want some! lol Sounds like you guys ahd a busy day! Glad you fit it all in though! When does Seth get back from camp? Is it over a week long? Can't wait to read the story about JM's car! Glad everythings going well!

Amy Fichtner said...

Sounds like you were busy, but it does help the day to go by fast!! Thakns for posting, I love reading!!