Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Who needs soap operas?

I think I have said that before but it applies to my life sometimes. I always thought I had a pretty boring life, but the more I look at it there is always something happening.

Yesterday I was looking for some important papers and came across Joshua's SS card. I look at it, then look again. You aren't going to believe this, but after 11 (almost 12) years I am just noticing that have his name spelled wrong! Can you believe that? So I go to the Birth Records place downtown to get a certified birth certificate so I can take it to the SS office to have it changed. Guess what?! It is wrong on his birth certificate. According to them his name is Johsua. They have the s and h mixed up. How in the world can someone make this mistake and not catch it? I guess it must be pretty easy as I didn't catch if until now. I am glad I did find it now and not when he was 16 and wanting his license or when he was 18 or whatever. I start freaking out because I am thinking I will have to go to court and legally change his name and even then, his birth certificate would still read wrong. UGH! Well, thankfully my neighbor Kay was with me. I was crying and so upset. She was really worried about me. When we got home she made some phone calls for me to try to help me. I was just way to upset to do anything. I didn't even know where to begin. She found out that they have a name correction form that you can fill out and file and it will change the name to be correct. Of course you have to have it notarized and show two or three forms that prove you have been using that correct name instead of the other name. I think I have that taken care of, but I will look and use whatever I can find. I am hoping to get this filled out and taken care of immediately. Meanwhile, Joshua is upset because his name is wrong and fears that he will have to live with Johsua as his name. Poor kid!

The car place is supposed to have a tow truck here in the morning to get JM's car. The guy called today apologizing over and over that it has taken so long. Oh... let me back up a minute and tell you that on Saturday JB and I went to the car place in person and told the owner about it. Boy old Bobby ran out of that building fast as soon as we walked in. I think I have the little stinker afraid of me. LOL The owner said he would have someone come Monday. Well, I called Monday to remind him. He said he would get a hold of him and it would be Monday afternoon. Well no one showed up. So I asked JB to call on Tuesday but he was very busy at work and didn't have a chance to. Well this morning (Wednesday) the owner called me and apologized over and over and said someone would be here Thursday morning. Well, we shall see! Oh yes, the title will be ready by Friday. Okay... Again, we shall see. Can ya tell I am a little bit skeptical?

Seth is home from camp and had a great time helping with the kids. He can't wait to go next year. Even more exciting for him is that since he helped at the camp they are taking him and the other volunteers to Cedar Point in September! He is really excited about that. He loves that place. He came back with a nice tan too. I have never seen the kid so tan! I think he learned a lot last week helping out and I think it was a really good experience for him.

JB and I had a nice dinner last night. We went to Kent to Mike's Place. It has an X-wing out in the front of it. Those of you who have gone to Charity Baptist may have passed in on the way. The food was pretty good. But the peanut butter pie was awesome! Oh man!!! I love pb and this had a lot of pb!! YUMMY! After we ate we just came home and hung out. We were both pretty tired. After the cruise it is hard to top it I guess. ;-)

I love reading everyone's blog and keeping up with you all.

'Til next time...

5 comments:

NO TURNING BACK-the life of a very blonde Baptist said...

Poor Joshua, or Johsua :p
anywyas, I've passed Mike's Place at least a trillion times, but i've never been to it.About the name mix up, my insurance card replaced my middle initial with an "o"-so I'm like, I am Irish, but not THAT Irish
.............hope you get it all figured out
ttyl
Pudu Girl

Amy Fichtner said...

I know what you are going through with the name thing. They spelled Nicolas name wrong on his birth certificate. I have not fixed it yet, but I have to soon. Thanks for keeping us updated.

NLT said...

aww, poor Joshua! That must be a common thing though...I wold be the same as you though, no idea where to begin to fix it! Hope it all works out!

Carri said...

how do pronounce Johsua?????

Shelly said...

I would say joh would be like a short o sound sua would be sue and a would be short u sound. Kind of sounds Chinese.