Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 27, 2008

I hate finding titles.

It is like when you are writing a story or something and you have to put a title on it. Or when you are writing a paragraph and you have to find the subject sentence of the paragraph. I just am not good at that. Just frustrating at times!

Yesterday morning John gets up and does the bathroom thing then comes back to bed. I asked him if he knew what time it was. It was cold and I didn't want to get out from under the blankets. He told me it is a little after 7:00. I thought, cool! Got a little time. I will get the boys up and in the shower and we will be good to go. Well, I got Joshua in the shower and am checking my e-mail and look at the time on my computer. It said 8:29 or something. WHAT!? I look at the clock in the bedroom and it says 7:29. I was beginning to think I was in the twilight zone or something. What happened was that our clock automatically sets itself for daylight savings and such. Well, it is set to do it with the old way. Which would have been yesterday had it not been for the government changing it. So it "fell back" an hour. UGH! So we hurried around as fast as possible and we weren't too late for church thankfully. Not good going around thinking you had plenty of time and realizing you had and hour! UGH!

We had dinner with a family from the church. The husband is our SS teacher. They are nice and we had a good time. It was mostly John and Steve talking but that is normal. I am usually pretty quiet. They have 4 daughters and Joshua didn't think he would have too much fun but he did. He played with their dogs, rode bikes, and played tether ball. Seth went with us too and sat with the adults and talked. JM couldn't go because of a meeting for work.

In November the church is having a public school revival. They had prizes that needed to be bought and was asking people in the church to buy them. We picked up 2 tickets and bought what was on it.

I bought a new curriculum last night that Terry Hamilton wrote. It is called The First 2000 Years of Baptist History. I haven't looked through it completely but I am confident it will be educational and correct. I can't wait to get a chance to dive more into it.

I cannot believe how cold it is already. I am not wanting winter to come or the snow. I hate being cold! I need to move to TX or some place warm. I liked living in TX. It was not bad in my book.

Someone made us a special offer. We don't know all the details, but it is something we have to decide if we even want to pursue it. Keep us in prayer as we consider the offer, learn more about it, and make a decision. Thanks! I will share more when I can.

'Til next time...

2 comments:

Amy Fichtner said...

I have heard of the cirriculim and I hear that's it's prety good. I am sure you will enjoy it!! And I also pray that the Lord will give you a quick answer on your "decision"

NLT said...

YAY! A book by Terry Hanilton! I love their whole family! I'm sure it will be Biblically accurate! I hate that feeling of finding out you have to rush when you thought you could take it easy!!! lol That's happened to me a few times. usually I'm lying in bed thinking I have a few extra minutes before the alarm goes off...and of course, it doesn't!!! lol IDK how that happpens but every once in a while.... :P Glad you guys were able to sitll make it though!