Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 20, 2008

Stolen Innocence

I just finished reading a book called Stolen Innocence My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs. It is about a girl that grew up in the FLDS and was force to marry at 14 to a cousin she hated. It was very eye opening to see what these people actually believe and how easily they are brainwashed and manipulated. It just shows that Satan can pull the wool over your eyes so easily. I felt so bad for this girl but it does turn out well. I won't tell you the ending just in case you decide to read it. There are some parts that are a little descriptive, but it is a good book. It is just sad that this girl had to go through this. You will Praise the Lord for the life and parents you have.

JM is now the new manager of Pizza BOGO! He is very excited that he was made manager. Pray for him as he does this job. Pray he can do it, but also that he can be a witness to others. I worry that he has so much responsibility at such a young age. He is a smart man though and I am sure he will be fine. Still pray for him if you will.

Two posts in one day... wow!

'Til next time...

4 comments:

NO TURNING BACK-the life of a very blonde Baptist said...

Way to go JM!!!!!!
I know that he can do it-he is always an achiever.Anyways, I will be praying that things go great for him.Congratulations!!!!!!!

Amy Fichtner said...

Yay Jm!!!!

Also, the book sounds very intersting. Is it like a biography or is it told in a story?

NLT said...

I will def. check out the book! I was following along with it for awhile and you're right, it unreal how steadfast and truly brainwashed they are in what they believe! So thankful for my family and for knowing the truth! Tell JM I said Congratulations!!! That was fast! Good for him! Shows how trustworthy and dependable he is!!!

Shelly said...

It is her telling the story of her life. It is very eye opening.