Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

I got my first paycheck last night! It feels weird to actually get a paycheck. When we did the newspapers the money was directly deposited into our checking account. I didn't get paid for all I worked. I am not sure I will say anything this time. What happened was that I went the first day and I wasn't in the computer system to log in and out. So I was there for about 4 hours but he forgot to pay me for them. He is the type you have to remind a few times. He has an accountant that does his paychecks so if the person doesn't see that I was logged in and logged out, he can't see that I worked. Anyway, I might just let it go. Today isn't a good day to ask about it anyway with it being Tasty Tuesday. Any large pizza for $5. You can get any toppings and as many pizzas as you want for $5. If you haven't tried it yet, you should. Good pizza! www.pizzabogo.com is the website.

I am enjoying the nice weather we have been having the last few days. Especially in the morning for my walks with Sara. I am so not ready for winter. One thing I am thankful for with the winter coming is that I don't have to get up at 2:00 AM to do the papers!

The paper place paid us too much money and we had to write them a check to pay it back. We knew they paid us too much but didn't know how much. Henry called and gave us a total. We met him at the warehouse on Saturday. He asked us to come back and we said NO! but in a nice manor. Screaming NOOOOOOO in the inside you know. LOL Then he asked if we would consider being subs. We could pick what days we wanted to do it and stuff, but we both said no to that too. That actually pays good money! You get $25 a night plus commission from the deliveries. Way more than what you get being a straight carrier. You get ripped off being a carrier compared to that. I am just glad that part of life is over.

At church they started a new thing where the adults have different Sunday School classes. They have about 7 different adult classes to choose from and they are geared toward your age group. We had the teacher and his wife, then two other couples, then us in the class. John thought it was neat, but I didn't really care for it. It was only the first day though, so we will see. I will give it a chance. We haven't joined the church yet. We don't want to jump into anything.

'Til next time...

5 comments:

Amy Fichtner said...

Hey Shelly, I would say GET YOUR MONEY!!!! If you earned it, you deserve it. Also, what church are you going to now? I hope you find the class that's perfect for you!! We just switched over to having an all ladies class and I wasn't sure if I liked it at first but I am actually starting to love it. Sometimes it just taked time to get used to the change;)

Shelly said...

Mostly Community. We have visited others too. We usually go back to Community though.

Carri said...

Community is a great church. I've really noticed a big spiritual growth in the past year or so. Thats neat about the SS school.

NLT said...

The Hamiltons (jr) just rejoined Community as the youth leaders there. It was a hard decision for them, they prayed about it for awhile, but it was the Lord's will! We def. miss them at LBC! Change sometimes takes awhile to get used to, so maybe next wk will be better! Can you hop between classes to find the one you like the best? As far as the money, 4 hours is alot, I think right away I would have said somethine but now, probably not...

Shelly said...

I did get my money. I forgot to tell you all that. He was fine with it and very willingly paid what he owed me. I knew he would, I just hate asking for money.