Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Love Dare

If you haven't seen the movie Fireproof, be sure to do so when it comes out on DVD. It is a great movie and my hubby, who was reluctant to see it, loved it. It is encouraging for marriage, but it gives the plan of salvation in it. It isn't KJV, but it is in there. In the movie it talks about a book called (link) The Love Dare. It is a book to help your marriage or encourage your marriage. You don't have to have a troubled marriage to get help with this book. John and I have a wonderful marriage. God first, each other second... Always! But sometimes the little things I miss and I want to make sure I don't miss them. So I found this website (link) 40-day Love Dare Challenge. It sends you an e-mail every day with what to do on it. Today is day three so you will be a few days behind, but I truly believe in the end it will help our marriage out.

Day 1 was Resolve to say nothing negative about your spouse today. I have to admit that one was easy for a Monday. I didn't see him much. I knew he would go to scouts and then come home to watch the Ohio State game so I wouldn't talk to him much. At the same time... it wasn't just to him I couldn't say anything negative but also about him to other people. Again, it was easy as I wasn't upset with him. I wonder if I had been upset with him if it would have been different. I should say I am sure it would have been different. Anyway, I made it through that day. But the funny thing is, the next day (Tuesday) I had did say something negative. It wasn't a bad negative but it was still negative. It actually made me stop and think.

Day 2 was Do at least one unexpected gesture to your spouse as an act of kindness. The problem was he was at work all day then when he would be home I would be at work. I never know when I will get home so I thought how am I going to do this. Well after work I went across the street to BP and picked him up his favorite... peanut butter m&ms. I actually got him 2 bags. I gave one to him last night and planned on putting the other in today's lunch but forgot. He asked me where I got them. I told him I went across the street to get them for you. He said, "Yeah only because you got a drink". I said, "No, I went to get those. Seth had gotten me a drink earlier." You could see the "oh" in him and then he thanked me. Now if I had just gotten it because I was there to get a drink, I still think he would have been thankful, but it was have been a different kind of thankful. Does that make sense? Anyway, it made a little impression on him so... we shall see.

Today is Day 3. It says Buy your spouse something that says "I was thinking of you today." As you can see... I should have waited a day on the m&ms. LOL I will figure out something. I am not sure what though.

I am going to try to stick with it and see what happens. The Love Dare started Jan. 5th and ends on February 13th. That just happens to be his birthday and the weekend we plan on going away. I am hoping to have it planned out to go to the creation museum and I found an awesome hotel to stay at with a city window view. Oh it looks beautiful at night. It is a little more expensive, so I don't know if we will be able to, but I will try.

Check out the websites I have listed and think about doing it or getting the book. It is easier to see the movie to help you understand it more but give it a shot.

2 comments:

Amy Fichtner said...

Thanks for the link. I have heard of the love dare already and I am curious to read your blogs on them;)

Carri said...

this sounds cool..i only wish i could check it every day~maybe I'll secretly copy it...