Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, January 23, 2009

So I am a day late ;-)

I know I said I would do this yesterday but it just didn't happen. To be honest, I am so exhausted right now, I don't want to do it, but I will. I need to because I will be busy this weekend and probably won't be able to. Then Monday is here and it all starts over. lol Blah, blah, blah. lol

First the Love Dare. I am sort of doing it still. The reason I say sort of is because some of the things it asks you to do, I do anyway. Some though make you think and you try to come up with ways to show them you love them. Like doing something out of the ordinary or do something special. Last night was make a special dinner and focus on getting to know your spouse better. Well, we had to go to the funeral home last night so that put a damper on that. Plus the fact that we have kids made it a little harder. So after the funeral home we went to the Spaghetti Warehouse. That was the first time either of us were there. I must say I didn't really learn anything new about him, but we did have a nice time together and enjoyed the food and company.

Another one was to make a list a list of positive things about your spouse and sometime during the day, thank them for having that characteristic. That was a little tricky. I was trying to find a good way to thank him without being obvious.

Today's is a little easier as it has nothing to do with my husband, but with myself. It is to ask God to show you where you stand with Him and ask for strength and grace to settle your eternal destination. That was is easy because I know my eternal destination. The Lord Jesus saved me from my sins and because He sacrificed His blood I have eternal life. I could be closer to Him. That is always an ongoing thing but I do know where my eternal home is.

Anyway, it is all going well. I am sorry that I haven't updated more but I know you all understand being busy and time getting away from you.

John called a few minutes ago. He has to go down to 40 hrs a week. OUCH! When he got hired he was told he could have 50 a week. That is a lot of money to lose. He did say though that he can work whatever hours he wanted. So he can go in when he wants and come home when he wants. That part is cool but financially... OUCH! Ho hum! The Lord will provide.

2 comments:

Amy Fichtner said...

That's bummer about the 40 hours!! Thy cut Jim down too but thank God he still as his post Office jobto help.

Sounds like you are doing good with the Love Dare, I am sure it's Ok to improvise:)

Anonymous said...

I'm so so sorry about his hrs being cut! That is rough! I'll be praying for you guys! Way to go with the Love Dare!

~Nicole