Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, November 7, 2008

It's Friday!!!

I don't know why I sound excited as it is just another day. Actually I am a little excited. Normally we go to our homeschool co-op today. Well, Joshua has a stuffy nose and that is also what Seth had earlier then Seth got the flu too. So as a precaution, I am keeping Joshua home and sending Seth. Seth is fine and all now so I don't mind sending him. That means that I will have a day at home with no schooling to worry about. I can concentrate on picking up the house and doing a few loads of laundry and just catching up on stuff at home. It needs it too. I am not thrilled about cleaning all day, but glad to have a day where I can and not feel guilty that I should be doing more science or whatever. I don't know if you can understand that unless you homeschool. Sometimes as a homeschool mom you are torn about do I read with my child or do this experiment or do I clean the kitchen first. My husband told me school comes first. All the other stuff will get done but school is more important. So that is they way we do it. My house isn't a spotless showroom. The kids are more important than a few dishes in the sink or basket of towels that needs folding. So if you ever visit, my house isn't spotless but it is well lived in. Do you want to see me or my house? ;-)

I had to work an extra day this week. The owner was having some friends in and needed someone "professional" at the counter. Why he asked me I don't know. LOL The only problem was it was really hard to hear when I answered the phones because of the people in the lobby area that were his friends. I got through it and only worked a few hours so that was okay. I have to work Saturday night yet then I don't go back until Tuesday.

JM and I went shopping this week. He bought a bunch of stuff for a kitchen. He is planning on leaving next summer I think and getting an apartment. Unfortunately it will be in Texas. I worry but everyone tells me he is a good kid and smart, and will be fine so I guess I should have that same faith that others do. It is a mom's job to worry, right? I will miss him. He isn't home much now, but he still does come home every night.

'Til next time...

1 comment:

NLT said...

I share your excitement of Fridays! lol At least this last one...it was a really busy week, for you too I know! I love the part where you said, "Did you come to see me or my house?" lol That's good! So, JM is officially sure he's leaving? That is sad! I'll be praying for you and him! What school is he going to? Or is it a job?