Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, November 15, 2008

The snow is falling again.

Boo hoo! I know it is coming but I don't want it too. I don't like the cold.

It has been a long week and next week will be even longer. Wednesday I got a phone call that Grandma was not doing well and I should probably come. They took her by ambulance to the hospital. She had been calling out and crying in pain for 2 days and the nursing home didn't do anything. Mom visited Monday and she was not well, but wasn't crying in pain or anything. They never called my mom or did anything to help. It is very upsetting. When my mom and sister went to visit on Wednesday they knew immediately something was wrong. All day on Wednesday Grandma (who turns 90 this month) cried out in pain, "help me please" over and over. It was so agonizing. Finally help came and she was sedated. It was a long day for all of us, but even so more for my mom and sister who found her and was there the whole time. Thursday she was sedated all day and got some much needed rest. Friday she started going down hill even more. The family was called in on Saturday morning and she is now with hospice. Luckily my sis-in-law is a nurse and was able to pull some strings to get hospice in tonight instead of tomorrow. The doctors are surprised she is still alive as she is down to 4 breaths a minute. She is a fighter. Scares me that she is fighting because I worry she doesn't know the Lord. We had some alone time with her and my sister witnessed to her again. I reinforced it, so hopefully she knows who He is. We are just waiting for that phone call.

Seth's birthday is Monday. He will be 15! Wow! Time just flies by! I cannot believe it! I am not sure what we are doing for his birthday yet. He hasn't said where he wants to eat or if he wants to do something special. Monday he has scouts and it is popcorn night so we have to go.

Pray for my grandma if you would. Thanks!

'Ti next time...

1 comment:

Amy Fichtner said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. I pray that the Lord's will is done, and in as little pain as possible.