Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of School

Today was Seth and Joshua's first day of school for the year. Everything went really well I think. Seth is pretty much on his own unless he needs something. Joshua needs a lot of my attention and I expect that right now. I made the boys a special breakfast and am now in the process of making a special lunch to "celebrate" our first day back to school. I am also going to the library and to Game Stop after lunch.

JM went around the other two boys this morning showing his diploma. He said, "I would be doing school right now too, but I have this!" He thought he was something. Seth just rolled his eyes. He went to work, the other two stayed home. Not sure which is better off. LOL

Joshua will be using Spelling Power. We tried it for the first time today and so far so good. He likes the idea of spelling being only 15 minutes long and not having to redo 20 plus words over and over and over. I do to really. Seth will be sticking with A Beka. It seems to work well for him.

Over all it was a good day for school and I am happy about that. What I am not happy about is the paper route. One of the managers that isn't my manager fired the guy that took over one of our routes. Now they expect us to do it. Is that wrong or what? I was so mad this morning after I was yelled at for not doing the route or "helping". Why would I? Give me one reason why I should? I am not the idiot that fired him. Whatever! I don't want to go into it too much because I will just get mad again! I didn't sleep well and then for this to happen it was a bad combination. JB said we will do it for tomorrow and Wednesday and then see what our DM says when he is back from his days off (he gets Monday and Tuesday off). So guess what I get to do tomorrow. I haven't told the kids yet and they will not be happy because they will have to help me. I don't care if they are filled or not, I will not deliver newspapers on Sept. 15, 2008. I refuse! I was so close I could taste it. Now I feel like I have been thrown back into it. UGH!!

JM's car is running great! He had some extra work done to it (took it to our mechanic) and it is running really smooth. He loves it! I am so glad it has worked out for him. He put about $700 to 800 of work into it. It is his money. Must be nice to have that huh? lol

I guess that is about it for now. Have a great day!

'Til next time...

No comments: