Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, September 1, 2008

Two down, one to go!

Today JB and I only had to deliver 86 papers! Woo Hoo!! lol The smallest things keep me happy, huh? Today was the first day we didn't have to deliver or help deliver the other two routes. Man, we were done in a flash! We did get up a little early just to make sure the other two carriers came in. The one showed up, the other had to be called and woke up. He got there just as we were leaving. We delivered our papers and came home for about an hour or so, then we went back out and checked on them. The girl was fine, almost finished. The guy (that was late) actually was doing great, but then just disappeared! We looked for him but he was no where to be found. I don't know where he went. We went to IHop and then came back and the papers were delivered. I don't know where he went but he came back and finished. He did miss at least one house because I got a phone call from a customer. I told them I couldn't help them, that it wasn't my route anymore. He said he knew but wanted to see if I knew the person's number so he could call them. I didn't but told him to call the paper and someone would get him a paper. He said it was funny to not have his paper after never missing it for so long, then the first day we aren't there, it isn't either. LOL I felt bad for the customer. I told him he is just starting and will get better. Or at least I hope so! We did get some tips from our customers, so that was nice. I think they will miss us.

JM had to work today. He (and I) didn't think they would be busy today but I guess they were. It is a day most people cook out but I guess people also buy pizza! At least he wasn't bored. I would rather be busy than bored.

JB worked on my neighbor's steps. He was able to finish one step, the very bottom. He said he had to get that as a base and wait for it to dry. After that, it should be fairly easy to finish. He won't be able to do it today because the step won't be dry today, but he can work on it this week or Saturday. I am sure my neighbor will be happy. The guy that did it before really messed it up! She has the worst luck with people fixing things it seems. They seem to take her money and do a crappy job. JB felt bad for her I think. I am glad he is willing to help her.

We are making burgers and brats on the grill and I am making fries. They didn't want any corn on the cob. I am surprised! That is okay. That will give me something else to go with other food later this week.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable day. We did, but missed JM today.

'Til next time...

2 comments:

NLT said...

aww poor JM I know how it is working holidays! But you're right, it is better to be busy than bored! I hate sitting there on a holiday, esp. when it is a nice day! Those are the worst! lol No corn on the cob huh? How can you have a cook-out without that?!? lol j/k Glad you guys had a nice day!

NLT said...

p.s. I forgot to say Congrats on not having to do the whole massive paper route today!!! lol