Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, September 22, 2008

What a weekend!

I don't know where to begin! John, JM, and Seth were in TX. They had a good weekend. Mine wasn't too bad either. It was long with them gone though. Friday night Joshua's friend spent the night and we went to Chuck E Cheese for dinner and played. I had some great coupons. They stayed up and played while I went to my room and watched some tv. I feel asleep before them but I could "hear" them. They went to bed about 12:30. I pretty much relaxed for the weekend with some cleaning.

The guys got back a little early and I wasn't at the airport to get them but went and all was fine. We came home and shared with each other our weekend and such then decided to go get something to eat. John wanted to go to Papa Gyros in Canton. We couldn't remember if they took the card or not so wanted to stop at the ATM to get cash. What a mistake that turned out to be. John was assaulted and all three of my boys saw it. We are not sure what the deal was but the guy pulled in front of John to get to the ATM. The guy didn't even pull into the area to get the money. He parked really weird. He gets out of his car and starts yelling at my John. John rolls down the window and tells the dude to chill and the guy keeps yelling and John tries to get him to relax. We aren't sure what his problem is as he is the one that cut us off. He starts walking to the car and so dhJohn gets out. He wanted to defend himself and us if needed. As John gets out the guy reaches into the front seat and grabs a 16 inch wrench looking thing. John said it was for changing tires but it isn't your normal tire iron. He is telling John to bring it on. John is telling him to relax and I am freaking because hubby is out of the car. The share some words and then the guy swings the wrench. It grazes John's face cutting (barely) his cornea and other cuts under his eye and on his nose. They sort of wrestle a little standing up and then they guy backs off and walks away, so John starts walking back to the car. The guy come from behind and kick John in the back of the leg and John turns around and the guy swings the wrench and gives him a gash on his head (like the side of his forhead but back towards the head. Then John tried to get the wrench out of his hand and kicks it out of his hand and the guy also loses his cell phone. Seth sees the wrench, picks it up, and throws it so the guy can't get it again. JM is on the phone with 911. I see the ATM card on the ground and go to get it. I wasn't sure if it was John's or the other guys. If it was John's I wanted to get it. Well the guy seems me going after it and rushes me and pushes me into the building, knocking me down, bending my glasses and pops out the lens. I have a little bruise and very small cut from that. Of course that just really angered my John. The guy goes to the passenger side and climbs in and takes off. Seth got his license number so we could tell the police. John has blood streaming down his face (you know how bad head wounds bleed). While JM is on the phone with 911 the guys walks back to the area wanting his cell phone. He had a brick in his hand ready to go after John again but John held out his hand with the cell phone in it and the guy left calling him all sorts of names of course. The police came and so did the EMS. They did catch the guy and we had to file a report and take statements and ID him. He was charged with felonious assult. We went to the hospital. John got 4 staples in his head and drops for his eyes to hopefully heal the cornea. It was very scary and so senseless. I don't know what the guy was thinking or what his problem was. He was really just a jerk all around. My youngest was screaming and crying the whole time. He sat there watching all this. I am sure it was terrifying for him. I feel so bad for him that he had to see it.

It was nuts! I hope I never have to go through that again. If the guy had a gun, I would be a widow. I cannot believe how dumb this whole thing was. There was no reason for any of it. I am not a confrontational person anyway, then to have this happen, I won't ever confront anyone again! It isn't worth it. Wow!

We got home from the hospital and talked to the kids to make sure they were okay. They all seemed fine. I am glad they weren't tramatized by it all. John did go to work today. I cleaned his head up the best I could and put some triple antibiotic ointment on it.

Sometimes I think the world has gone absolutely mad!

'Til next time... (with happier news I hope)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow Shelly. I'm sorry to hear about the incident. it truly is a sad world nowadays. But the funny thing I noticed about your post is that right below your ordeal (in a previous post) you have in bold letters "We Have Power!!!" How appropriate. God's power to protect is amazing. What a blessing that you were all put in the situation together and all came out alive and well. A few scratches will heal and God helps with that too! I'm sure your kids will fare well through this too.

You may never know what God's will is in this, but you can be certain that he has his hand on your life!

God Bless and we'll keep you in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. B. I'm so sorry for all your troubles this past weekend!!! Wow, that really must have been scary, I was like... crying out the whole time reading it! :o You guys are definitely in our prayers!!!

NO TURNING BACK-the life of a very blonde Baptist said...

I am so sorry, I am so shocked! things are really starting to get crazy these days. I am so thankful that you are aloud to carry a concealed weapon, and I think that i am going to. The other morning I was woken at two thirty to see some idiot come walking though my yard-and in the country , that is not a good thing- It made me really mad.I think that they were drunk, they came out of the park, I wanted to yell at them , but you know that a girls voice is not half as commanding as a guys.Anyways they walked on down out of my drive way and onto the road. I thought that it was going to be fine, but then the dogs started barking, and I was like, I can't do anything if some friek comes into my house, with my cast on, so I didn't take the chance.I woke up my Dad and we did a few rounds around the inside of the house.We didn't find anything, but we are going to make sure nothing can..................................Lord willing
you take care, and I'll be praying for you guys and Joshua, poor little guy, I know how traumatic stuff like that can be to a little person

Amy Fichtner said...

I am so sorry you had to go through that....Maybe it's a good thing that you are not a confrontational person, it could have been a lot worse!!! I am glad everyone is ok and i am sure the Lord will heal the wounds, inside and out.

Shelly said...

Thanks for praying ladies. I know the Lord is in control and will heal and help in this situation. It was just very scary at the time. Praising Him that they guy didn't have a gun and it didn't turn out worse. He was in control the whole time!

Carri said...

woah!! Thats AWFUL! my heart goes out to you guys...